X-POSITION: Bennett Talks "Years Of Future Past's" Teenage Mutant Savior Heroes
With the New York Comic Con coming up Feb. 6-8, we’ll be collecting and posting information on the various things you can do and see while at the show. If you’re a publisher, creator, retailer or otherwise exhibiting at the show, feel free to drop me an email with your booth schedule, any comics you might be debuting, giveaways or any other fun stuff you have planned for the show.
• ICv2 has announced details on the Graphic Novel Conference they host the Thursday before the convention, which will include a keynote address from Art Spiegelman and panels on topics like comics on the web, social networks and literary adaptations. Note that this conference isn’t open to the general public, but “is open only to those who hold a Professional or Exhibitor Pass,” the site says.
• The con has started to announce additional Hollywood-related programming, which includes Life on Mars, Disney’s Aaron Stone, Japan’s Takashi Miike and Sho Sakurai, Dr. Who Colin Baker, the cast of Fringe and Heroes’ Milo Ventimiglia. They’ll also have Tumblers featuring Wolverine.
• NBM will be at the show:
For NBM that means having Miss Don’t Touch Me, Nocturnal Conspiracies by David B, Happy Hooligan and fresh in: LITTLE NOTHINGS 2 by Lewis Trondheim! We’ll also have Neil Kleid of Brownsville and other comics with Slave Labor, Image, etc… Publisher Terry Nantier will be there, ready to chat with you.
For Papercutz, the big news is we’ll have Greg Farshtey on Saturday, the writer of Bionicle and of course the latest Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Tales from the Crypt and Classics Illustrated. Meet also our industry-beloved Editor-in-Chief Jim Salicrup.
• Artist Jill Thompson is taking 10 commissions before the show, on a first come, first serve basis.
• Oni’s up to something Scott Pilgrim-related for the con … I mean, in addition to Bryan Lee O’Malley being a special guest and Scott Pilgrim Vol. 5 debuting at the show. O’Malley also has two store signings the week before the show — he’ll be at Jim Hanley’s Universe in midtown Manhattan Feb. 3 and at Rocketship in Brooklyn Feb. 4.
• For more information on the con, check out Heidi’s pre-show report for Publisher’s Weekly.
• And finally, the gelatometti crew is headed to the Big Apple and shares a few inspirational drawings: