NYCC | Whedon, Futurama and more
With the New York Comic Con coming up Feb. 6-8, we’re posting information on the various things fanscan do and see at the show. If you’re a publisher, creator, retailer or otherwise exhibiting at the show, feel free to drop me an email with your plans for the show.
• The NYCC blog Medium at Large has more details on the Joss Whedon/Dollhouse preview panel, set for Sunday at 12:45 p.m. ET, which is currently being advertised on the CBR home page. They’ve also announced they’ll be showing the next Futurama movie, Into the Wild Green Yonder.
• Love and Capes creator Thom Zahler is bringing Valentines to the show:
I will be at NYCC next weekend with tons of Love and Capes stuff. I’ll have new Valentines featuring Mark and Abby. Kind of like Ralph Wiggum’s “I Choo-Choo-Choose You” one. I’ll be selling the complete run of LNC, the trade, sketchbooks, t-shirts and pins. And I’ll be doing commissions all weekend, too! If you come by the booth, too, you may see a glimpse of the new promotion I’ll be doing for Mark and Abby’s upcoming wedding.
If people aren’t going to be able to attend, they can still go to my site and print out the LNC Valentine and give it to their Special Someone. While there, they can enter the Love and Capes Valentine’s Day contest. You can win some books, a set of matching t-shirts, and even some chocolate. That contest ends February 2nd, so time is running out. (But that way you’ll get the goodies before Valentine’s Day.)
For more info, visit www.loveandcapes.com or http://www.loveandcapes.com/love-and-capes-valentine.html for the contest info.
• And Atomic Robo co-creator Scott Wegener will be at the ComicArtHouse.com table:
I will be setting up camp with ComicArtHouse.com at table 2402. I will be there all three days from 1-4pm.
Unfortunately (for me) NYCC is about a month too early this year. My new Image book (Killer of Demons) and the Robo Vol.2 TPB won’t be out until March. But I will have tons of prints, sketchbooks, comics, and original art (priced to move) with me. And of course, I will be doing sketches and signing stuff. Everything but original sketches will be available all day long because the good folks at ComicArtHouse are peddling my ware for me this year, and manning the booth from open-to-closing.
• Artist Dustin Nguyen is offering free head sketches to anyone who buys his Kozmo and reRun print from the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund booth in New York:
Pick one up there ( i THINK they’ll run about 20 bucks, i coudl be wrong, i’ll update when i find out), bring it to my artist alley booth and get your free head sketch from me. you know, dustin.
your money goes to a good cause (CBLDF instead of to me, which i woudl use for liquor later on in the night) and you get a free drawing, come on- cant be bad right?
• Terry Moore details his plans on his blog:
FYI: The next big thing is the New York Comic Con in two weeks, Feb 6-8. I will be there, next to the ginormous booth of Graphitti Designs. I will be signing, I will be sketching, and I will bring my best original art for all the traveling european fans who come to New York because it is the most convenient U.S. show. I think I’m doing only one panel, but it is unique. I have agreed to conduct a teaching seminar sponsored by the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund on how to draw expressions and body language. I plan to spill all my trade secrets in exchange for hot racing tips and Dr Peppers. I don’t know the day or time yet and I don’t see it posted anywhere. I’ll post more as it develops.
• And finally, it’s like the 1990s all over again … BOOM! will have a holofoil cover version of Farscape #1 at the show: