NYCC PHOTO PARADE: Comics, Creators & Cosplay Collide on Thursday
Comic Books, Film, TV, Video Games, Digital Comics
• Slate.com’s Grady Hendrix argues that the Alan Moore-Dave Gibbons miniseries is a failure in that its “most meaningless and shallow aspects were mistakenly hailed as its virtues and then widely imitated.”
• At The Walrus, Sean Rogers offers a “corrective to Watchmenmania” — a list of “funniest, most thoughtful, and often most searing entries in the masked hero genre.” You’ll find Herbie, 1963, “The Death Ray” and more.
• Marvel.com breaks out a new feature, the “Marvel Watch List,” which spotlights five stories that helped to define the Marvel Universe.
• The Isotope Lounge has all the recipes you’ll need for your after-Watchmen cocktail party.
• A nostalgic Gawker travels back in time to mid-’80s New York City.
• The movie already has grossed $4.6 million from its midnight showings.