PREVIEWS: "Daredevil," "Uncanny X-Men," & More Marvel Comics On Sale August 3, 2016
• How have I blathered on all this time without calling attention to Derik Badman’s great volume by volume analysis of Osamu Tezuka’s Phoenix series? Obviously I need my head examined. (In backwards order, Karma, Yamato, Space, Future and Dawn).
• Craig Fischer has nice things to say about Patsy Walker: Hellcat : “It’s not designed to be immortal art–in other words, it’s not Raw or Love and Rockets–but as far as mainstream comics go, it’s clever and fun, virtues that are too easy to take for granted.”
• Takekuma Kentaro, co-author of Even a Monkey can Draw Manga wonders why the manga version of Hayao Miyazaki’s Naussica is so hard to read: “Each individual panel is too complete, and the characters and background are drawn with lines of equal thickness. This leads to the characters not standing out.”
• Awesome Engine is doing a series of posts on Go Nagai’s Violence Jack who lives up to his name rather well (link is so NSFW by the way).
• Paul Gravett provides an interesting look at the work of Italian comics artist Gianna DeLucca.
• Stripper’s Guide’s Allan Holtz offers some capsule reviews of recent comic strip-related releases.