Ewing and Rocafort's "Ultimates" Stand Guard Against Alien Empires & Cosmic Entities
Wizard World returns to Philadelphia today and runs through Sunday at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Guests on the comics side for this weekend’s con include Dan DiDio, Walt Simonson, Garth Ennis, Kevin Maguire, Howard Chaykin, Jimmy Palmiotti, Amanda Conner, Dan Slott, Joe Kelly, Fred Van Lente, JG Jones, Steve Dillon, Dennis Calero, Phil Jimenez, Alex Maleev, Jeff Katz, Mike McKone, Greg Pak, Paolo Rivera and more. On the media side, you can meet Edward James Olmos, Ray Park, Doug Jones, Michael Hogan, Max Brooks and many others. Check out the full guest list here.
Programming highlights include:
• Marvel will host a Dark Reign panel on Saturday at 2 p.m., the same time they’re hosting a similar panel at HeroesCon. And like the panel in Charlotte, it promises it “will have the announcement of the next big chapter in Marvel history.” And at the Mondo Marvel panel, they plan to “welcome back to Marvel a very special guest.”
• DC will hold a DC Nation panel Saturday afternoon, while Dan DiDio will host one of his Sunday Conversations as well. DiDio’s panels are always fun and interesting to attend.
• Mark Millar will appear “live via tape” on Saturday to tease his appearance in Chicago later this summer.
• Action figure fans should enjoy the show, as there are several panels scheduled, a custom action figure contest and the Second Annual ToyFare Hall of Fame Awards. Video game and zombie fans should also enjoy the show.
• You can learn how to become a professional wrestler on Friday.
• Kids can spend Father’s Day with Darth Vader, who will host story time on Sunday.
• And don’t forget that Josh Bryan and friends will hold a mock funeral for the show this weekend as well.