"Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" Trailer Officially Released
• Another day, another stellar review for David Mazzucchelli’s Asterios Polyp. This time it’s Dan Kois for New York magazine, who calls the book “a great graphic novel” and “a masterpiece.”
• Frank Santoro dubs Mat Brinkman’s Multiforce “terrifyingly good and an indispensable record of possibly the most important serialized comics of the post-Ware era.”
• Jog declares Daisuke Igarashi’s Children of the Sea “a fairly lovely production.”
• Johanna Draper Carlson calls Posey Simmonds’s Gemma Bovery “engrossing, even watching people make stupid wrong decisions, it’s a page-turner.”
• Brian Heater thinks Fred Chao’s Johnny Hiro is “a rollicking love letter to boundary-less pop-culture, which, by the end, has embraced everything from Night Court to Brand Nubian.”
• Sandy Bilus uses Hellboy Vol. 6 Strange Places to look at how colorist Dave Stewart uses specific palettes to strong effect.
• Rob Clough reads Everyone Is Stupid Except for Me and wonders if Peter Bagge isn’t a modern-day Mencken.