Batman’s new villain says let’s go crazy, let’s get nuts!

Batman & Robin #6

Batman & Robin #6

DC’s The Source blog shows us Frank Quitely’s cover to Batman & Robin #6, which features Batman’s “most dangerous, psychopathic, murderous foe,” The Flamingo, according to editor Michael Marts.

Now all the motorcycle-riding killer needs is a string of one-word named “apprentices” of the female persuasion …

purple-rain-sflb

Comments

You have got to be kidding me.

The Ugly American

October 29, 2009 at 11:04 am

They’re not kidding, but it does seem like Batman’s new villain enjoys nuts.

And Morrison continues to really intertwine all aspects of the Bat-mythos into one.

When can we expect the rubber nipples?

Man, I really love that cover. Too bad Tan is doing the art or this arc and not Quitely or Irving or Stewart otherwise I’d still be picking up the book.

uuggghhh – Morrison switched his meds again

The “Prince is not a valid source of artistic inspiration” contingent showing up here is pretty hilarious.

Not hilarious: The Ugly American’s homophobic comment. What are you, 11 years old?

Sean, he really is an ugly American…

Bruce the Spruce

October 29, 2009 at 12:22 pm

Hes Batman’s “most dangerous, psychopathic, murderous foe” on the basketball court, and afterwards they go out for pancakes.

Joe H has it right, man I wish I could get myself to drop this book till Stewart comes on. Then again, I’ve managed to skip every other crap “must buy” book so I guess I can afford one.

Anybody notice how many movie riffs Morrison has been using for his villains on this run? First we got Brazil, last issue had a Usual Suspects vibe, and now we have Purple Rain.

Bruce the Spruce

October 29, 2009 at 1:02 pm

He eats people’s faces. Just saw it at Topless Robot

The Ugly American

October 29, 2009 at 1:24 pm

Cripes, Sean. First-time reader, first-time poster? Kevin has my number.

Dude, Frank TRACED Prince and his bike line by line from the album cover. Check for yourselves. They line up perfectly.

The scene with the face eating includes the introduction of a victim named “Sonata”. One word named female indeed. If she’s really just a victim why give her a name? She’s probably an apprentice.

So, SO glad I dropped all the Bat-books when RIP started… Maybe one of these days, when Bruce returns and Morrison takes his weirdness elsewhere, I’ll go back to Batman.

Morrison is authoring the freshest and coolest take on Batman in years. The utter weirdness is all part of it. Not many people have made new and legit contributions to Batman’s esteemed rogues gallery and nobody’s done it with Morrison’s trademark four-color lunacy. Keep him on this book and inventing new stuff for as long as he likes, I say.

Yes, I think the face-eating was implied last issue. There seems to be a face-related motif throughout this title… I can’t wait to see what oddity rolls out next. It’s keeping me on my toes.

Shaun – You were hoping for someting more… boring? Maybe Chuck Dixon will come back someday.

Sean T. Collins

October 30, 2009 at 7:14 am

Ugly: I’m sure you’re a lovely person with a lot of good qualities, but it’s still a lame gag.

Shaun: We certainly wouldn’t want the comic book about the man who dressed up like a bat and fights evil clowns to be weird!

Yea, I really wish Stewart was doing interiors on this.

Gonna be awesome either way.

Wasn’t Prince always a Batman bad guy though? Does anyone remember that assassination attempt they played over and over on MTV?

And then there’s this little gem from the wonderful Cliff Chiang:

Q: Are we not men?

October 31, 2009 at 5:11 am

The only Batman title better then this is the Frank Miller one.