EXCLUSIVE: Grodd Strikes in New "The Flash" Photos
• Let’s start off with Jeet Heer’s short piece on the cult of Nancy. It really is all about Nancy, isn’t it?
• Also at Comics Comics: Dash Shaw re-examines a panel he was on at TCAF on alternative and mainstream comics.
• The Hooded Utlilitarian blog, which never met a critical roundtable it didn’t like, is doing a series of posts on French comics. I like the name of the series.
• I would be remiss if I didn’t point to our new fellow Robot 6er Sean Collins’ review of Kazimir Strzepek’s ongoing fantasy series, The Mourning Star.
• Xavier Xerexes examines Jeff Smith’s Bone spin-off Rose: “For any fan of the Bone series I would recommend this book.”
• Bookslut’s Martyn Pedler wonders if Image’s recent series of Ted McKeever hardcover reprints aren’t more suited to the artist’s work than the original pamphlets were.
• It’s not a review, but this seems as good a place to post Susie Cagle’s critique of SPX as any.
• Writing for Guttergeek, Elizabeth Hewitt has nice things to say about A.D. New Orleans: “What was so splendid about A.D. is that it gives us such a multi-faceted portrait of responses to catastrophe and with no moralizing as to whose story was braver, about who did the right or wrong thing.”
• Jen Vaughn enjoyed Corinne Mucha’s My Every Single Thought: “These are great stories woven together by a young, masterful cartoonist.”
• Christopher Allen reviews Black Salt #1 and Masterpiece Comics in one fell swoop.