In-Depth on Marvel's "Divided We Stand" and The Latest Hydra Cap Twists
• In case you missed it earlier this week: Vertigo will reprint two books that tie into two of their upcoming media properties. First up, they’re collecting the first 12 issues of The Losers into one large paperback that’ll come out in January, three months before the movie adaptation arrives in theaters. They’re also collecting the Peter Milligan/Edvin Biukovic Human Target miniseries, along with the Milligan/Javier Pulido Human Target: The Final Cut original graphic novel into one volume, just in time for the premiere of the Human Target show on Fox in January.
• SLG Publishing is collecting a couple of Gene Yang’s previous books, Gordon Yamamoto and the King of the Geeks and Loyola Chin and the San Peligran Order, into a single volume called Animal Crackers. It’ll include a new 12-page story by Yang, which he previews here.
• Warren Ellis says some of his internet writing will be collected into a book called Shivering Sands. The publisher and release date haven’t been announced, but the cover looks cool.
• Fantagraphics gives an update on two of their forthcoming projects on their Twitter feed. First, Johnny Ryan is working on a second Prison Pit book that they hope to have out next summer. And Megan Kelso recently stopped by their office to talk about the design for Artichoke Tales.
• George O’Connor is working on a series about Greek mythology for First Second, and he’s been posting a ton of preview artwork on his blog. The first book is due in January.