5 'Beloved' DC Heroes that Could Join "Legends of Tomorrow"
TV, Comic Books
• I keep forgetting to post a link to ComixTalk’s 2009 roundtable, so this is as good of a place as any for me to point you in that direction. Led by Xaviar Xerexes, it’s a great discussion of webcomics by creators and commentators Brigid Alverson, Derik A. Badman, Larry Cruz, Johanna Draper Carlson, Fesworks, Shaenon Garrity, Gary Tyrrell and Delos Woodruff. I like Tom Spurgeon’s take on the article as a guide to new webcomics.
• New York magazine’s Dan Kois selects his 10 favorite comics of the year. Among them: David Mazzuchelli’s Asterios Polyp; Joe Kelly and J.M. Ken Niimura’s I Kill Giants; and Kevin Cannon’s Far Arden.
• At About.com, Deb Aoki lists the 25 best new manga of the year (organized by category), with Daisuke Igarashi’s Children of the Sea taking top honors.
• David Ferraro names the 10 best manga of 2009, including Naoki Urasawa’s Pluto: Urasawa x Tezuka and Miki Aihara’s Honey Hunt.
• Brian Heater assembles a group of creators ranging from Jeffrey Brown to Susie Cagle to Neil Kleid to name “the best damned comics of the decade.”
• At Comics Waiting Room, Marc Mason rattles off the “Ten Books That Made Me Glad I Read Comics in 2009,” including Emmanuel Guibert’s The Photographer and Fred Chao’s Johnny Hiro.
• The children of GeekDad contributors recommend the best (kids’) comics of the decade.