Vaughan & Chiang's "Paper Girls" Builds a Familiar Yet Disconcerting World
Best of the year, best of the decade — these best-of lists are coming out so quickly that it’s difficult to keep up with them. But let’s try:
• Comics critic Douglas Wolk selects the best graphic novels of 2009, from Asterios Polyp to Final Crisis, for Barnes & Noble.
• At The Daily Cross Hatch, a roster of creators ranging from Jeffrey Brown to Lilli Carre to Dean Haspiel select “the best damned comics of 2009.”
• Writer-artist Gerry Alanguilan discusses his favorite comics of the year with the Forbidden Planet International blog.
• Matt Price, feature editor and comics blogger for The Oklahoman, includes A Drifting Life and A.D.: New Orleans After the Deluge among his choices.
• At Geek To Me, Marissa Meli selects her Top 8 comics of the year.
• A contributor to The Inkwell Bookstore blog takes the “Best Comics I Read in 2009″ approach with a rundown that includes Cold Heat, Pluto and The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck.
• Mike Williams at Techland counts down the Top 10 superhero deaths of the decade.