Jason Fabok's 10 Favorite "Justice League" Moments
You didn’t think everyone was finished with their best-of (and wort-of) lists, did you?
• David Mazzucchelli’s Asterios Polyp, R. Crumb’s The Book of Genesis Illustrated and Apostolos Doxiadis and Christos H. Papadimitriou’s Logicomix: An Epic Search for Truth all make the San Francisco Chronicle’s list of the best books of 2009.
• Writing for The Japan Times, critic David Cozy names Yoshihiro Tatsumi’s A Drifting Life among the best books of the year.
• Matt Price, features editor and comics blogger for The Oklahoman, returns for a rundown of the best periodical comics of 2009. Among them: The Unwritten, by Mike Carey and Peter Gross; Irredeemable, by Mark Waid and Peter Krause; and Resurrection, by Marc Guggenheim and Justin Greenwood.
• At our sibling blog Comics Should Be Good, Brian Cronin picks his Top 10 comics of the year, including Roger Langridge’s The Muppet Show and Chris Onstad’s Achewood.
• At Reverse Direction, John Seven lists the best graphic novels of the decade, including Emmanuel Guibert’s Alan’s War, Jeff Lemire’s Essex County Trilogy and Alison Bechdel’s Fun Home.
• At io9.com, Graeme McMillan takes a year-by-year look at the most important comic-book events of the decade.
• Blogger David Harper casts a wide net for his best of 2009, covering categories like best cover, best webcomic, best story arc and best writer.
• Comics Alliance counts down the 15 worst comics of the decade.