Ayer Reveals Jared Leto's Tattooed "Suicide Squad" Joker
• Ryan Sands reveals that Drawn and Quarterly will be publishing another book by Drifting Life author Yoshihiro Tatsumi in Spring of next year. The book, Black Blizzaard, is one of Tatsumi’s earlier works and is indeed referenced in Drifting Life. Here’s the plot:
Susumu Yamaji, a twenty-four-year-old pianist, is arrested formurder and ends up handcuffed to a career criminal on the train that will take them to prison. An avalanche derails the train and the criminal takes the opportunity to escape, dragging a reluctant Susumu with him into the blizzard raging outside. They flee into the mountains to an abandoned ranger station, where they take shelter from the storm. As they sit around the fire they built, Susumu relates how love drove him to become a murderer. A cinematic adventure story, Black Blizzard uncovers an unlikely love story and an even unlikelier friendship.
The book will cost $20 and be out in April.
• Ken Parile notes that the University Press of Mississippi is coming out with Daniel Clowes: Conversations, the latest book in their ongoing collection of interviews with prominent cartoonists.
• I knew that Jules Feiffer was working on his memoirs. Apparently he’s finished, as Random House plans on publishing the book in March.
• Kazu Kibushi drops some details on his upcoming Copper book and the third volume of Amulet.
• Austin English apparently has a new publishing venture titled Sweetheart Books. You now know as much as I do.