A roundup of end-of-the-year (and decade) pieces
• David Mazzucchelli’s Asterios Polyp tops PW Comics Week’s fourth annual critics poll, a list that includes Joe Sacco’s Footnotes in Gaza, R. Sikoryak’s Masterpiece Comics and Bryan Lee O’Malley’s Scott Pilgrim vs. The Universe. PW’s Kai-Ming Cha also lists the 10 best manga of the year.
• Retailer-oriented news and analysis site ICv2.com looks at the Top 10 comics business events of 2009. Disney’s purchase of Marvel and Warner Bros.’ restructuring of DC Comics lead the list.
• At comiXology, Tucker Stone runs down the 25 best comics of 2009, from Brian Azzarello and Eduardo Risso’s 100 Bullets to Mike Mignola and Duncan Fegredo’s Hellboy: The Wild Hunt to Taiymo Matsumoto’s GoGo Monster.
• The contributors to Living Between Wednesdays wrap up their year in review with their favorite non-Marvel/non-DC works.
• Reviewer Don MacPherson presents his 2009 Glass Eye Awards.
• Deb Aoki rounds up the 25 most-anticipated new manga of 2010.
• The contributors to 4thletter! select their favorite comics covers of 2009.
• Dr. Scott at Polite Dissent presents the best and worst comic-book depictions of medicine over the past year.
• At iFanboy, Paul Montgomery considers the most interesting comic-book characters of 2009.