Alden Ehrenreich Cast as the Young Han Solo for the 2018 "Star Wars" Anthology Film
Announcements slowed down on Sunday at Comic-Con International, and apparently so have I. So let’s get to it …
• Marvel announced that Dan Slott will be the sole writer on Amazing Spider-Man, as the “Brand New Day” storyline comes to a close. He’ll work with artists Humberto Ramos, Marcos Martin and Stefano Caselli on the series. The book will ship twice a month.
• At that same panel, Marvel announced the creative team on the new Spider-Girl series teased in recently in Previews will be Paul Tobin and Clayton Henry. They also announced a new Carnage miniseries by Zeb Wells and Clayton Crain, as well as an Osborn miniseries by Kelly Sue DeConnick and Emma Rios about Norman Osborn’s time in prison.
• And looking back at a couple of items we missed from Friday’s Grant Morrison panel, the writer announced that DC will release an Absolute We3, and he’s also confident that they’ll find a way to release the Flex Mentallo mini-series.
Movies and television
• DC CCO Geoff Johns will write an episode of Smallville featuring Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. He also moderated what is likely Smallville‘s last Comic-Con panel, as they prepare for their 10th and final season. During the panel, they announced John Schneider will return to the show as Pa Kent.
• Marvel unveiled two more movie props today: Captain America’s shield and the Infinity Gauntlet, which will appear in the Thor film.
• Peter David, who wrote the Young Justice comic for DC, will write several episodes of the Young Justice cartoon.
• G4TV will air four Madhouse Studios-produced Marvel anime series — Iron Man, X-Men, Wolverine and Blade — in 2011.
• Marvel announced Saturday night that they’ve regained the film rights to the Punisher.