SDCC ’10 | Stuff to do on the convention floor
With all of next week’s Comic-Con International’s panels fully revealed, those of you who are attending are probably putting together your schedule as we speak … but don’t forget to factor in some of the cool stuff that’ll be going on on the floor. Here’s a list of stuff you can do and people you can meet at various booths, with no doubt more on the way:
• Dark Horse Comics will have Gabriel Ba, Fabio Moon, Morgan Spurlock, Stan Sakai, Mike Mignola, Noah Wyle, Moon Bloodgood, Eric Powell, Joss Whedon, Janet & Alex Evanovich, Felicia Day and more at their booth.
• BOOM! Studios also released their booth schedule, which features appearances by Mark Waid, Claudio Sanchez, Peter David and Tad Stones, who created Darkwing Duck.
• Fantagraphics has released their booth schedule, along with a list of new books that will debut at the show. These include new volumes of their Peanuts collections, a new Prison Pit book, several Ignatz titles and Moto Hagio’s A Drunken Dream and Other Stories.
• Drawn & Quarterly also has several new books debuting at the show, including Kevin Huizenga’s Wild Kingdom, Palookaville 20, a new Moomin, Vanessa Davis’ Make Me a Woman and more. Appearing at their both will be Jillian Tamaki, James Sturm, Vanessa Davis and Gabrielle Bell.
• SLG’s signing schedule is also up; they’ll have Ross Campbell, Van Jensen, Dusty Higgins, Greg Weisman and many more at their booth during the show.
• Viz will have Stan Lee and the cast of Vampire Knight at their booth.
• NBM’s booth will feature Mark Badger, Gerard Jones, Richard Moore and more.
• Red 5 Comics (booth 2306) will hold portfolio reviews for artists and will look for creator-owned titles for publishing. They’ll also be selling all current and back issues of Atomic Robo, ZMD: Zombies of Mass Destruction, Abyss, Neozoic, Box 13, We Kill Monsters and more.
• Visitors to video game maker Ubisoft’s booth can play Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game before it’s released on Aug. 10, as well as Just Dance 2 and Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood multiplayer.
• At the Warner Bros. Interactive booth, they’ll have playable demos of the Batman: Brave and the Bold video game and The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest.
• And Capcom’s booth will feature demos of Marvel VS. Capcom 3, Dead Rising 2 and Monster Hunter Tri.
• AMC has several Walking Dead-related activities scheduled. Attendees will have an opportunity to get “zombified” by visiting The Walking Dead booth and putting themselves into a zombie scene from the series via a touch screen and AMC will email the photo to them. AMC will also distribute limited edition “The Walking Dead” series posters from Drew Struzan, and will have series buttons on hand. And an autograph session will take place with Andrew Lincoln, Jon Bernthal, Sarah Wayne Callies, Frank Darabont, Robert Kirkman, Greg Nicotero and Gale Anne Hurd in the Image Comic Books booth.