Comic Industry Job Board
In the wide world of comics there’s always a needed for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The comics you read everyday are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is always looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- Legal Assistant/Contracts Coordinator (New York, NY)
- Desktop Analyst (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- System Administrator (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- Manager, Marketing (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- Web Software Architect (New York, NY)
- Web Interface Developer (New York, NY)
- Product Manager, Marvel Kids Website (New York, NY)
- Associate Product Manager (New York, NY)
Note: DC’s job site doesn’t allow direct links. Go to http://www.timewarner.com/ and do a search for Careers, then DC Comics
- Director, Publicity
- Manager, Franchise Management
- Executive Assistant I
- Events & Retailer Services Representative
- Coordinator Talent Relations & Services
Diamond Comic Distributors:
- Customer Service / Sales Representative
- Marketing Supervisor (DST)
- Pop Culture Sales Representative
- Tech Support / Point of Sale Specialist
An additional note: many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.