"Justice League": Exploring How Superman Returns (Again)
Film, Comic Books
The release of Dark Horse’s latest round of solicitations last week revealed that Evan Dorkin’s humor comic Milk and Cheese will get the deluxe hardcover treatment, collecting “every single stupid Milk and Cheese comic ever made from 1989 to 2010, along with a sh*t-ton of supplemental awesomeness.”
On his LiveJournal, Dorkin revealed details on what the “supplemental awesomeness” will entail:
- The book will feature over 80 pages of comics that have not been collected before.
– There will be a 24-pg color section featuring all the color M&C strips, a cover gallery, pin-ups, merchandise art, trading cards, etc.
– There will also be a 24-pg B&W supplemental section featuring pin-ups, t-shirt designs, and other art, etc.
– The book will include the rare 1997 M&C Special Edition 16-pg mini-comic featuring the expanded “Darth Vader Overdrive” strip and extras.
– The only M&C-related comic that will not be in the collection is the M&C/Pirate Corp$! strip from Munden’s Bar Annual #2.
– Some very swell folks gave us some very nice back cover quotes.
– The book should be hefty enough to hurt anyone hit over the head with it.
– The book should be pretty freaking awesome.
The hardcover is due Dec. 21, just in time for Christmas.