"The Flash" Adds "Harry Potter" Star Tom Felton as Series Regular
Friday was a busy day in San Diego, with a full slate of announcements capped by the Eisner Awards in the evening.
• Image Comics will resurrect the classic television show MacGyver as a five-issue miniseries written by MacGyver creator Lee David Zlotoff and Doctor Who writer Tony Lee, and illustrated by Becky Cloonan.
• Brian Wood’s newest project was announced — The Massive, about environmentalists who survive the last environmental collapse. The comic will start its run in Dark Horse Presents #8 in January.
• Vertigo Executive Editor Karen Berger confirmed that Scalped will end with issue #60.
• Marvel teased the return of the Scarlet Spider.
• DC Comics released more interior art for several of their “New 52″ titles, including Aquaman, Mister Terrific and more.
• Oni Press announced a new book by Robot Chicken writer Brendan Hay and artist Justin Wagner called Rascal Raccoon’s Raging Revenge.
• Dark Horse’s Star Wars comics are being added to their digital app.
• Aspen Comics announced several new projects, including volume two of Shrugged; a new volume of Fathom: Kiani; Dead Man’s Run, a brand new series written by Greg Pak with art by Tony Parker; and Homecoming, a new project from Aspen designed by Michael Turner.
• Viz Media announced three new manga licenses: A Devil and Her Love Song, a romance; The Earl and the Fairy, a fantasy; and Fluffy, Fluffy Cinnamoroll, which is based on a cute mascot dog from Hello Kitty parent company Sanrio.
• Yen Press also had three manga licenses to announce: Durara!!, Kore wa Zombie desu ka? and Olimpos, as well as an iPhone/iPod Touch app that will sync with their iPad app. And yes, they are working on an Android version.
• Joshua Hale Fialkov and Rahsan Ekedal, who collaborated on Echoes, have another comic in the works for Top Cow’s Pilot Season, titled The Test. Writer Alan McElroy also talked to CBR about his Pilot Season entry, Anonymous.
• First Comics officially announced their return in San Diego and shared that their YA/submissions editor, Susannah Carson, is taking submissions.
• IDW also announced another Artist’s Edition, this one featuring Will Eisner’s The Spirit.
• Abrams will publish The Art of Daniel Clowes: Modern Cartoonist in the spring of 2012.
• Syfy will adapt Cullen Bunn and Brian Hurtt’s The Sixth Gun comic into a television show.
• AMC debuted a new trailer for the second season of The Walking Dead, which will premiere Oct. 16.
• Neil Gaiman will produce a movie based on Roman Dirge’s Lenore.
• A live-action Voltron feature film is in the works.
• Today’s strange-but-true announcement: Capcomm announced a Hello Kitty x Street Fighter crossover that will produce a line of merchandise bearing images of Kitty in various Street Fighter costumes.
• Conan O’Brien “crashed” Comic-Con to debut a new trailer starring his alter-ego, The Flaming C.
• Justice League action figures based on Jim Lee’s “New 52″ designs will debut next year.