Comic Industry Job Board – November 2011
In the wide world of comics there’s always a need for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The books you read every day are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- Desktop Analyst
- Linux & SAN System Administrator
- Manager, Digital Customer Acquisition
- Network System Administrator
- Retail Analyst
- Systems Administrator, Marvel Digital Media Group
- Associate Editor
- Executive Assistant II
Note: DC doesn’t allow internal linking; go to Time Warner’s career page and search for DC Comics.
Diamond Comics Distributors
- Director of Business Development, Comic Book Specialty Market (CBSM)
- Part Time Retail Sales Associate (GEM)
- Retail Sales Manager (GEM)
- Tech Support/Point of Sale Specialist (DCD)
- Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer – Mobile and Web
- Senior Mobile Developer
- Project Manager
- Admin (Temp to Perm)
- Temp Admin – Project is through 12/9 (possibly extended to 12/16)
An additional note: Many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.