The best of the best of the year lists
With only a couple days left in 2011, here are a few more “best of 2011″ lists from the past few days:
• iFanboy has chosen DC Comics as their publisher of the year. They’ve also listed their best collections of the year, including Infinite Kung Fu, Mr. Murder is Dead, Bone 20th Anniversary Full Color Edition and the Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus.
• ComicsAlliance finished up their countdown of their top comics of the year, with Daredevil and Love and Rockets New Stories Volume 4 taking the top two positions.
• The A.V. Club has posted two separate lists–one focused on superhero and mainstream comics, the second on “graphic novels and art comics.” The mainstream list includes a separate “Best of” section that includes categories like best new characters, best one-shot and “best fix.”
• Kelly Thompson lists 13 “fantastic female creators” for 2011 on Jezebel, which is a companion piece to previous lists she’s done (i.e. no repeats). This year’s list includes Marjorie Liu, Carla Speed McNeil, Renae De Liz and Kelly Sue DeConnick, among others.
• Newsarama looks at the top ten comic trends of 2011, including reboots, crowdfunding and teasers.
• Writing for Pop Dose, longtime blogger Johnny Bacardi shares his favorite comics of the year, including Chester 5000, Batwoman and Carbon Grey.
• Marc Mason at Comics Waiting Room shares his ten best graphic novels of the year, a list that includes Level Up!, The Sixth Gun trades and Anya’s Ghost.
• Roger Ash at Westfield Comics listed his favorites of the year, with Usagi Yojimbo topping his list.
• Jason Serafino at Complex includes Amazing Spider-Man, Red Skrull Incarnate and The Walking Dead in his list of the 25 best comics of the year.
• Rob McMonigal at Panel Patter lists his 10 favorite manga of the year, including Stargazing Dog, 20th Century Boys and Twin Spica.
• David Berry , writer of the Graphics Scenes feature at the National Post, lists the five best graphic novels of the year, which include Mark Twain’s Autobiography: 1910 – 2010 and Big Questions.
• JT Lindroos’ best books of the year list at Bookgasm includes a sub-section on Eurocomics, including Hilda and the Midnight Giant and The Empire of a Thousand Planets.
• Ryan Ingram at The Snipe had several comics industry folks, including Brandon Graham, Rebecca Dart and the staff at Lucky’s Comics in Vancouver, list some of their favorites of the year.