Comic Industry Job Board | January 2012
In the wide world of comics there’s always a need for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The books you read every day are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- Web Application Developer
- Senior Web Application Developer
- Product Manager, Marvel Kids Websites
- Desktop Analyst
- Linux & SAN System Administrator
- Network System Administrator
- Mid-Level Marketing Partnerships Positon
- Manager, Programming & Distribution Strategy
- Semi-Senior Accountant
- Talent & Scheduling Coordinator
- Associate Editor
- PR/Marketing (email CVs/resume to email@example.com)
An additional note: many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.