Comic Industry Job Board | February 2012
In the wide world of comics there’s always a need for talented people — and not just for creating the comics. The books you read every day are supported by an immense infrastructure of editors, publishers, designers, distributors and retailers that make American comics what it is today. And despite the frail economy, the comics industry is looking for employees.
We’ve compiled a list of all the openings in the comics industry for non-creative office positions and put it all into one place. It’s a good resource if you’re looking to work in comics, and also for armchair speculators seeing what companies are looking to do by seeing what positions they’re hiring for. We accumulated these by looking on publisher websites and job boards — if you know of a job not listed here, let us know!
- Desktop Analyst (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- Linux & SAN System Administrator (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- Network System Administrator (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- Mid-Level Marketing Partnerships Positon (Manhattan Beach, CA)
- Semi-Senior Accountant (New York, NY)
- Talent & Scheduling Coordinator (New York, NY)
- Web Application Developer (New York, NY)
- Senior Web Application Developer (New York, NY)
- Executive Assistant II
- Costing Analyst (London, England) (San Francisco, CA)
Digital Analytics Manager (San Francisco, CA)
Financial Analyst (San Francisco, CA)
New Media Production Coordinator (San Francisco, CA)
- PR/Marketing (email CVs/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Diamond Comic Distributors
An additional note: many comic companies hire interns. Check with each publisher’s website to see the details and the hiring process.