Why The Russos Are The Best Thing to Happen to the MCU Since Joss Whedon
Before he passed away last September, Sparkplug Books‘ Dylan Williams was working on three projects–the graphic novel Nurse Nurse, by Katie Skelly; a new issue of Reich by Elijah Brubaker; and The Golem of Gabirol by Olga Volozova. The publisher is using the crowdfunding site IndieGoGo to raise money to publish them.
“These books are of special import not only because they are amazing in themselves, but because they are the last projects on which Sparkplug founder Dylan Williams was working before he died of cancer in September 2011. We are honored to see these through to completion and work with such great talent,” the IndieGoGo page reads.
IndieGoGo works much like Kickstarter does, where fans can donate money and receive incentives based on how much they give. Here’s the breakdown of what Sparkplug is offering for your donation:
• $5 New mini comic Brad Trip, published in collaboration with other Portland small press companies, plus postcards & sticker
• $15 All of above, plus Nurse Nurse book
• $25 All of above, plus Reich #9 (printing in June 2012)
• $35 All of above, plus Golem of Gabirol (printing in August 2012)
• $55 All of above, plus one grab bag Sparkplug title
• $65 All of above, plus tee shirt (choose from Renee French, Dylan Williams or Austin English designs while styles and sizes last)
• $100 All of above, plus three Sparkplug grab bag items & poster
• $200 All of above, plus original signed artwork by Sparkplug artists Chris Cilla, Aron Nels Steinke, Trevor Alixopoulos, Jeff Levine, and others.
• $300 All of above, plus invite to movie night party at Sparkplug Headquarters. Pick out a movie, get tour of our facilities and drink beer / eat snacks with us.