Pit Spidey against his archenemies in Threadless design competition
by JK Parkin |
October 23, 2012 @ 1:00 PM | No Comments |
Marvel and the T-shirt site Threadless have teamed up for a design competition: Create a shirt “inspired by the battle between Spider-Man and his archenemies.”
The rules spell out what you can and can’t have Spider-Man doing on the shirt:
- Use your original artwork.
- Characters outside of the Marvel universe are not allowed, but Spidey can do battle with any (or all) of the following villains: Dr. Octopus, Electro, Sandman, Venom, Lizard, Kraven, Green Goblin, Vulture, Rhino, and Shocker.
- Spider-Man cannot be used on his own, but his archenemies may go solo.
- Remember Spider-Man is a super HERO, so he always wins—and he does it without blood and guts.
- You may not use actor likenesses or any logos in your design.
- No political or adult content (sex, smoking, drinking, etc.) is allowed.
- The characters cannot be represented as children or animals.
So no solo swingin’, no Spot or Stilt Man, no boozin’ it up and no Spider-Ham. Other than that, go wild. The shirts will be judged by the Threadless community, with the most popular ones going on to be printed and sold on the site.
News From Our Partners