Pit Spidey against his archenemies in Threadless design competition
Marvel and the T-shirt site Threadless have teamed up for a design competition: Create a shirt “inspired by the battle between Spider-Man and his archenemies.”
The rules spell out what you can and can’t have Spider-Man doing on the shirt:
- Use your original artwork.
- Characters outside of the Marvel universe are not allowed, but Spidey can do battle with any (or all) of the following villains: Dr. Octopus, Electro, Sandman, Venom, Lizard, Kraven, Green Goblin, Vulture, Rhino, and Shocker.
- Spider-Man cannot be used on his own, but his archenemies may go solo.
- Remember Spider-Man is a super HERO, so he always wins—and he does it without blood and guts.
- You may not use actor likenesses or any logos in your design.
- No political or adult content (sex, smoking, drinking, etc.) is allowed.
- The characters cannot be represented as children or animals.
So no solo swingin’, no Spot or Stilt Man, no boozin’ it up and no Spider-Ham. Other than that, go wild. The shirts will be judged by the Threadless community, with the most popular ones going on to be printed and sold on the site.