"Suicide Squad" B-Roll Footage Reveals Harley Quinn's Classic Jester Costume
Film, Comic Books
It’s time once again to spin the wheel and see what questions fate has in store for one lucky comic creator–which means it’s time for Robot Roulette.
Out of 36 possible questions, I’ve chosen six at random for this week’s guest, writer Jim McCann. McCann, who once was in charge of publicity at Marvel Comics, is the writer of Mind the Gap, Return of the Dapper Men, Hawkeye & Mockingbird and the recently announced Lost Vegas from Image Comics.
My thanks to Jim for answering my questions.
13. Where did you grow up? Tell us something about where you grew up that we may not know.
I grew up in Nashville, TN. I used to run my own theater company there!
14. What is your “guilty pleasure”–it can be a comic, a TV show, a food, etc.?
At the moment, it is this video (I love the animation style! …and Cher):
18. What’s the last thing you ate and drank before answering these questions?
A ridiculous amount of greasy food (sliders, chicken tenders and fries) while drinking coffee with my spouse and newlyweds Arune and Michelle Singh.
21. Who has been the biggest help or motivator in your career?
Professionally–Jeph Loeb. He is an incredibly knowledgeable and patient man. Also Jonathan Hickman, who taught me the ropes of creator owned comics. Personally, my spouse–my biggest fan and greatest motivator.
29. Can you play an instrument, and if not, what instrument do you wish you could play?
I played saxaphone for 12 years and was marching band captain at my high school.
30. What hobbies or interests do you have outside of comics?
Does sleep count? (you don’t get much being a freelancer). I love volleyball and trying to play catch-up with my DVR.