Comics nominees announced for 24th GLAAD Media Awards
The nominees have been announced for the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation’s 24th annual Media Awards, which honor outstanding portrayals of the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities.
The nominees for outstanding comic book are:
- Astonishing X-Men, by Marjorie Liu and Mike Perkins (Marvel)
- Batwoman, by J.H. Williams III, W. Haden Blackman, Amy Reeder and Trevor McCarthy (DC Comics)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer, by Andrew Chambliss, Scott Allie, Jane Espenson, Drew Z. Greenberg, Georges Jeanty and others (Dark Horse)
- Earth 2, by James Robinson, Nicola Scott, Eduardo Pansica and Tomas Giorello (DC Comics)
- Kevin Keller, by Dan Parent (Archie Comics)
This is the second nomination for Kevin Keller and Batwoman, which won last year, and at least the third for Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which won in 2009. The winners in all categories will be announced during ceremonies in New York City (March 16), Los Angeles (April 20) and San Francisco (May 11). It’s unclear at which event the comics award will be presented.