SDCC EXCL.: Ennis Writes Creator-Owned "A Train Called Love" for Dynamite
In “By the Numbers,” ROBOT 6 takes a look back at the events of the past five days … in numbers. Our starting point this week is Wednesday’s announcement that retailers ordered a record-breaking number of comics for Free Comic Book Day, an international event that will draw millions of customers into specialty shops on May 4.
However, there was another figure that’s almost as impressive: the print run for the latest volume of the hit manga One Piece.
1. One Piece Manga #69 Gets 4-Million Print Run (Anime News Network, March 4, 2013)
2. Magazine: One Piece Creator Oda Made 2 Billion Yen (Anime News Network, Dec. 22, 2010)
3. Marvel Moves Unlimited Digital to iPads, iPhones (Comic Book Resources, May 7, 2013)
4. You Won’t Find Sex in Apple’s App Store (ROBOT 6, March 7, 2013)
5. Retailers Order Record 4.6M Comics For Free Comic Book Day (ROBOT 6, March 6, 2013)