Matt & Foggy Hit The Street In First "Daredevil" Season 2 Set Pics
It doesn’t look like there were as many comic-related announcements on Saturday at WonderCon as there were on Friday, but the second day of the con certainly brought some gems.
• IDW and DC announced that Mark Waid (Daredevil, Insufferable) and Paul Smith (Uncanny X-Men, Leave it to Chance) are teaming up for The Rocketeer/Spirit: Pulp Friction. “Not many writers have been lucky enough to write The Rocketeer or The Spirit,” Waid said in a press release, “so I feel like I’ve won the lottery. This is one of the most exciting-and scariest-assignments I’ve ever undertaken. Luckily, I’ve got Paul Smith to make me look good!” The first issue of the miniseries arrives in July.
• IDW also announced the creative team for their THUNDER Agents revival. Writer Phil Hester (Godzilla, Wonder Woman) and artist Andrea Di Vito (Dungeons & Dragons) are the latest team to chronicle the adventures of the agents. Dave Sim and Jerry Ordway will provide covers.
• “Star Trek: After Darkness” will serve as an epilogue to this summer’s big Star Trek sequel. It’ll run in issues #21-23 of IDW’s ongoing Star Trek title, written by regular series writer Mike Johnson with art from Stellar Labs.
• Jeff Smith announced that his next project is called Tüki Save the Humans. It’ll be a free, weekly webcomic, followed by print collections.
• Aspen Comics announced its summer event “The Elite Saga,” which also serves as a celebration and culmination of 15 years of Fathom.
• Legendary Comics will publish Pacific Rim: Tales from Year Zero, a prequel to the film coming out this summer. The graphic novel will be written by the film’s writer Travis Beacham and supervised by director Guillermo del Toro. It will feature a cover by Alex Ross and interior art by Sean Chen, Yvel Guichet and Pericles Junior with inks by Steve Bird and Mark McKenna.