Matt & Foggy Hit The Street In First "Daredevil" Season 2 Set Pics
Thirty-six questions. Six answers. One random number generator. Welcome to Robot Roulette, where creators roll the virtual dice and answer our questions about their lives, careers, interests and more.
Joining us today is writer Steve Niles, who you know from 30 Days of Night, Criminal Macabre, Mystery Society, Chin Music, Edge of Doom and the just-released-this-week Breath of Bones: A Tale of the Golem.
Now let’s get to it …
4. What’s the worst job you’ve ever had (comic industry or otherwise)?
When I was a teenager I got a job delivering donuts door to door. It was awful. Up at 4am delivering donuts. I’d eat a bunch and have to pay them back so I was always nauseous and broke.
7. What is the strangest thing you have in your house?
We have a hawk living in our roof. I don’t have the heart to evict him/her.
12. What comic (or graphic novel, webcomic, etc.) was your “gateway drug” and made you a comic fan?
I have jumbled memories of what came first, but I think it was a copy of Eerie Magazine.
28. Based on where you live right now, what’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home, and why did you go there?
I’ve moved a lot in my life. I was born in Jersey, then lived in St. Louis, Virginia, Washington DC, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Los Angeles. Now I’m in Austin, Texas. Who know where I’ll wind up next.
31. What’s the biggest “missed opportunity” you’ve had in comics–or what project did you not take or start that you wish you had?
Oh god, too many to name. I wish I would have stayed focused on creator-owned. I had a couple years there doing a lot of corporate work, and it got me nowhere fast.
33. Who is your favorite comic character?
Hard to say. Of the corporate characters I like Batman the best.