Marvel Studios, Feige No Longer Under Perlmutter's Purview
Comic Books, Film
Thirty-six questions. Six answers. One random number generator. Welcome to Robot Roulette, where creators roll the virtual dice and answer our questions about their lives, careers, interests and more.
Joining us today is Joshua Hale Fialkov, writer of Hunger, The Bunker, Echoes, Tumor, I Vampire, Ultimates, The Last of the Greats and many more.
Now let’s get to it …
10. Who is your favorite band/musical performer, and why are they your favorite?
That’s easy. Pixies. Bar none. The balance between sheer ass-kickery and art rock has never been done better. I’m just happy that they’re finally having a bit of a resurgence.
19. What scarred you as a child, as in something like watching The Shining late night on cable when no one was home?
I spent much of my early life working as my dad’s typist. He is a forensic child and adolescent psychiatrist, so he’d do court work with kids who were emotionally damaged. I’d type up his reports, and enter data from their testing work, all that stuff, and you’d get these little portraits of just how screwed up people can be.
23. What’s on the desk around your work area (feel free to send a picture if you’d like)?
27. What are you most proud of so far in your comics career?
The Bunker is pretty close to the top. It’s something that Joe Infurnari and I have done 100 percent on our own, and we’ve gotten more and more supporters and fans who’ve helped us along, but, it’s something that we did entirely on our own, with a HUGE amount of personal risk. It’s nice that people like it so much.
28. Based on where you live right now, what’s the farthest you’ve ever been from home, and why did you go there?
I’ve been to Australia a couple of times, because almost all of my extended family lives there.
35. What is your all-time favorite TV show?
St. Elsewhere. Long forgotten, barely seen, one of the best and most sophisticated dramas in the history of TV. Homicide, NYPD Blue, Sopranos, The Wire… they all owe a huge debt to St. Elsewhere.