Dress as an Archie zombie at NYCC for a chance to win prizes
by Brigid Alverson |
September 19, 2013 @ 3:00 PM | No Comments |
Here’s a challenge for collectors: To get a special variant cover of Afterlife With Archie #1, you’ll have go to New York Comic Con … dressed as a zombie version of an Archie character.
The new zombie Archie serie, Afterlife With Archie will debut Oct. 9, the day before NYCC kicks off, and the Archie folks are inviting everyone to celebrate by dressing up as a zombified version of their favorite character. Cosplay as zombie Jughead, Sabrina, even Katy Keene, and stop by the Archie Comics booth (#1936) during the convention for a copy of the comic with a special, cosplayer-exclusive cover by Robert Hack. You can also enter for a chance to win one of three grand prizes: a year’s worth of Archie comics.
Announced earlier this year, Afterlife With Archie will be penned by former Glee writer Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa and illustrated by Francavilla.
Full rules and the contest flier can be found below. For more information, check out the Afterlife With Archie website, Facebook page and Twitter account.
- Your costume must be a zombie version of a recognizable Archie Comics character. (Sabrina, Josie, Katy Keene, etc. are acceptable.)
- The first 50 people to show up at the booth each day of the convention dressed as Archie zombies will receive a special, super-limited, exclusive Afterlife with Archie variant.
- There will be 3 GRAND PRIZE WINNERS, 1 in each of the following categories: Male, Female & “Wow, I never would have thought of that. It’s brilliant!” (For those who go above and beyond).
- Each grand prize winner will receive the ENTIRE 2014 ARCHIE COMICS LINE. That’s right, Afterlife with Archie, The Fox, Sonic, all Archie Double Digests, graphic novels… everything!
- You must sign a release so that your picture may be taken, posted, and published on Afterlife with Archie’s social media.
- Archie Comics will have the final decision in determining the grand prize winners.
News From Our Partners