WATCH: Batman Unmasked in New "Batman v Superman" Footage
Although the United States has never really embraced the Boxing Day tradition, Americans do like a good sale. So it’s lucky for comics fans the world over that a handful of publishers are offering some post-Christmas deals.
• Dark Horse Digital continues its “2013 #1s Sale” through Dec. 29, with the debut issues of such titles as The Black Beetle: No Way Out, B.P.R.D.: Vampire, Itty Bitty Hellboy and Star Wars available for download for 99 cents.
• DC Entertainment is offering digital versions of its 25 essential graphic novels — All-Star Superman, Batman: Year One and the first volumes of The Sandman, American Vampire and Y: The Last Man, among them — for $5.99 each through Jan. 2.
• At comiXology, you can find the digital collection of the entire Locke & Key series by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez for $44.99 (or half price on nearly all of the individual issues and volumes) through Dec. 29. Also: Marvel NOW! titles are available for 99 cents each through Jan. 2.
• Image Comics has slashed prices in its digital store by 50 percent through Dec. 28.
• Today only, NBM Publishing has discounted digital editions of Rick Geary’s Madison Square Tragedy: The Murder of Stanford White and Renaud Dillies’ Bettie Blues to $3.99.
• UDON Entertainment’s Boxing Day Sale continues through Friday with deep discounts on such books as Marvel Vs. Capcom: Official Complete Works and Street Fighter II Ultimate Edition, 50 percent off all comics, 75 percent off all posters, and more.