The A.V. Club’s best graphic novels and art comics of 2013
A day after revealing its picks for the top mainstream and superhero comics of the year, The A.V. Club returns with a rundown of the 10 best graphic novels and art comics, led by Charles Forsman’s Celebrated Summer.
- Celebrated Summer, by Charles Forsman (Fantagraphics)
- The Property, by Rutu Modan (Drawn And Quarterly)
- Boxers & Saints, by Gene Luen Yang (First Second)
- The Encyclopedia of Early Earth, by Isabel Greenberg (Little, Brown and Company)
- Battling Boy, by Paul Pope (First Second)
- Over the Wall, by Peter Wartman (Uncivilized)
- Little Tommy Lost: Book One, by Cole Closser (Koyama)
- Julio’s Day, by Gilbert Hernandez (Fantagraphics)
- Kinski, by Gabriel Hardman (Monkeybrain)
- Out of Skin, by Emily Carroll (self-published)
Once again, you can visit The A.V. Club for commentary on each of the selections.