Ejay Russell Archives - Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources
Hurricane Sandy left a wake of devastation across the East Coast last week, and following the superstorm’s destruction come efforts to help those who were affected by it. One of the great things about the comic industry is that there are always people who work in it willing to do what they can to help people out, and this time is no different.
Art for Sandy Relief is an effort by Rich Ginter and Jim Viscardi. Viscardi currently works at Marvel in New York, while Rich left Marvel earlier this year to take a job as a digital designer in Disney’s publishing department in Glendale, Calif. He made the move to California just two months before the hurricane hit his former home.
Both gentleman were kind enough to answer some questions about the initiative. Before getting into it, though, their first art auctions went live today, and you can head over to eBay to bid on them now. Rich also shares some other ways that you can help out below, either via direct donation, by donating art or just by spreading the word.
Here are the auctions that are currently up:
- Amazing Spider-Man #577 page 19 artwork by Paolo Rivera, donated personally by him. If the piece raises $400 or more, he will donate another piece.
- Fear Agent #28 page 22 by Tony Moore and Mike Hawthorne, donated by Zack Rosenberg
- Batman TV Series Villains by Ejay Russell
- Doctor Doom by Tommy Lee Edwards, donated by Pat Loika
- Captain America by John Paul Leon, donated by Pat Loika