music comics Archives | Robot 6 | The Comics Culture Blog
by Michael May |
December 27, 2012 | 1 Comment |
Retronaut has posted some scans from “The Fantastic Adventures of Adam Ant,” a short-lived feature in Britain’s TV Tops comic during the early ’80s. Not all of the text is legible, but according to Comic Vine, the series was about Ant being transported away from a concert to an alternate dimension where he learns he’s the reincarnation of an immortal hero.
I know I’m old, but I’d love to see someone revive this. Adam Ant and Puss ‘n Boots could team up with Picasso to visita el Planeta de los Simios. Stripping and subtle innuendos follow.
Continue Reading »
by Michael May |
January 11, 2012 | 2 Comments |
First Second has announced its releases for spring 2012, and as usual it’s an exciting, eclectic lineup. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Graeme talked about Arne Bellstorf’s Beatles comic, Baby’s in Black yesterday.
- Humayoun Ibrahim has adapted Jack Vance’s classic science fiction story The Moon Moth with “lots of masks, lots of aliens, and an interstellar mystery to round it out.”
- Marathon by Boaz Yakin and Joe Infurnari tells the story of the first marathon, when Eucles ran 153 miles from Sparta to Athens to help save Greece from the Persian Empire.
- Bloody Chester is a noir Western horror story by JT Petty and Hilary Florido.
- Victory finishes up Carla Jablonski and Leland Purvis’ excellent Resistance trilogy about the French Resistance in World War II.
- And finally, Jessica Abel and Matt Madden offer a “201-level” companion volume to Drawing Words and Writing Pictures called Mastering Comics.
Which are you looking forward to?
Browse the Robot 6 Archives