Pak, Kuder Uncover The "Truth" About "Action Comics" Post-"Convergence"
Lenore creator Roman Dirge has been hospitalized after being struck by an apparent drunken driver while crossing the street in Hollywood.
“So … Drunk driver in SUV hit me full force while crossing street and sent me flying,” he wrote this morning on his Facebook page. “Leg is broken in half and I’m all around jacked. They took off took. Waiting for surgery. Morphine is only reason I can type this. …” Dirge presumably meant, “They took off, too,” suggesting a hit and run.
The Los Angeles-based cartoonist is set to debut a new Lenore storyline in late March from Titan Comics. The cult-hit series celebrated its 20th anniversary last year.
Updated (11 a.m.): KTLA reports a woman was also injured in the incident. Police are searching for a black Mercedes SUV with damage to the bumper and hood, including a missing emblem, which broke off in the hit-and-run.
Friday was a busy day in San Diego, with a full slate of announcements capped by the Eisner Awards in the evening.
• Image Comics will resurrect the classic television show MacGyver as a five-issue miniseries written by MacGyver creator Lee David Zlotoff and Doctor Who writer Tony Lee, and illustrated by Becky Cloonan.
• Brian Wood’s newest project was announced — The Massive, about environmentalists who survive the last environmental collapse. The comic will start its run in Dark Horse Presents #8 in January.
• Vertigo Executive Editor Karen Berger confirmed that Scalped will end with issue #60.
• Marvel teased the return of the Scarlet Spider.
• DC Comics released more interior art for several of their “New 52″ titles, including Aquaman, Mister Terrific and more.
Destructoid reports that Roman Dirge is working on a new iPhone game called Vampire Puff Puff. The game stars Ragamuffin from his Lenore comics fighting the undead in an attempt to save Lenore. You can see additional screen shots by clicking on the above link.